This page is for our tenants, everything you need to know is here,and you can also apply and view our listings.
View a property
Once you have sent an enquiry we will arrange a viewing with you. A Walker Weir manager will walk you through the property and answer any questions.
Once you decide you want to apply for the property, you'll need to fill out an application and provide us with some documentation and information.
Improve Your Chances
Check out our tips below to give you the best chance possible when applying for a property
- Tell us about yourself. When you contact our office to schedule a viewing, tell us when you want to move and why you're leaving your current home.
- Fill out the application completely. Don't leave anything blank, and don't leave us chasing down information that we've requested.
- Be prepared. You'll need to provide proof of income and identification, and we'll need contact information for your references.
- Provide adequate references. We'll want to talk to your employer and one or two of your previous landlords. There's no need to add references who are personal friends or family members.
- Demonstrate that you're a desirable tenant. Show us a documented history of earning enough income, paying your rent on time, and being a responsible citizen and neighbour.
- Understand our rent tender program. When you're filling out your application, you could be invited to make an offer on how much rent you're willing to pay for the property above the price guide. Plan carefully for this, because other prospective tenants will also be making offers, so you want yours to be competitive.
- Be honest on your application. If you've had a tenancy terminated, or a large sum deducted from your bond in the past, you won't automatically disqualify yourself. We'll listen to your explanation
Our Checks On Every Property
Walker Weir carrys out checks on all properties
At Walker Weir, we value our tenants and work to maintain a respectful, professional relationship with every resident. Everything you need as a tenant can be found in your Tenant Handbook, but if you have questions or you need help, you can contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. These are some of the most Frequently Asked Questions we receive from our tenants.
Rental payments can be made securely online, 24 hours a day. Pay electronically or schedule automatic payments every fortnight so you don’t have to think about it at all.
You can also go online to make a maintenance request. We’ll be in touch to schedule the repair work. If it’s an emergency, please contact us right away so we can immediately take steps to protect you and the property.
Unless water is included in your rent, you will receive a monthly invoice for the water, which you’ll need to pay within 14 days of receipt. The amount will be only for the water that you use; fixed wastewater charges are paid by the Property Owner.
The start and end dates of your lease can be found in your tenancy agreement. Most leases at Walker Weir are for a fixed term.
We conduct entry inspections, exit inspections, and other inspections throughout your tenancy. The frequency of these inspections are outlined in your tenancy agreement. You will always receive the requisite prior notice under the Residential Tenancies Act 1986 before we enter the home. If maintenance or repair work is needed, we will need access to the property in order to do the necessary work. All repairs will be scheduled and communicated with you.