Who we are
We are NOT a real estate company, so unlike a lot of other property managers who sell properties, we aren't confused by our role. It's simple - on your behalf we will find you good tenants who will look after your property, paying good market rent on time, every time. OK it's not that simple - but we make it look that way - to make life easy for you.
It's our job to make owning a rental property easy and give you peace of mind that your property is in the best hands, meaning you have more time to focus on what's important.
In the beginning...
Walker Weir launched in 2013, the founding partners were Ryan Weir and Hamish Walker. Ryan is a second generation property manager and became the sole owner of the business when Hamish went on to pursue a careers in Politics.
After just one year of trading Walker Weir set up its first franchise in Auckland and were mentioned in the New Zealand Herald for its unique Rental Tender System. Our office is located in Newmarket.
Our owners get a unique service unparalleled in the Auckland market. We like to say that we are small enough to be personal yet big enough to be experts. Here are just some of the benefits we offer:
- Experts in property management, including leasing, carrying out inspections and managing repairs and maintenance.
- We guarantee your rent payments.
- Investment property finding, assessment and advice.
- Contactable 24/7 - 365 days of the year.
- Expertise in relation to relevant New Zealand legislation.
- Full time staff dedicated to various roles - property managers, leasing, finance and administration.
- Efficient, timely and cost effective repairs and maintenance service with no additional fee or charges.
- Advanced technology systems - our property management system allows you to access real time information about your property at anytime from anywhere in the world.
- Dealing with tenancy issues and attending Tenancy Tribunal hearings.
- Members of the Independent Property Managers Association.
Meet The Team
Ryan spent 10 years in the financial industry, covering many relationship management roles. As a landlord himself, he understands the issues and what's most important to many property owners.
He bought his first house at the age of 19 and began renting it out in Dunedin, where he was born and raised. Ryan is a second generation property manager and co-founded Walker Weir in 2012.
He loves traveling and has an eye for improving property to enhance returns.
George conducts the routine inspections on properties. Proficient in identifying areas where preventative maintenance can profit a landlord, George has a sharp eye for maintenance warning signs which serves him well when it comes to detecting any issues that tenants may not have spotted or reported.
Brought up in a family involved in property development & investment, George's passion for all things property is unmistakable. He is also completing a Bachelor of Property at Auckland University and one day would like to be involved in the design & building of sustainable carbon neutral buildings.
How We Can Help
Already have tenants?
If you already have tenants in place - great. We will introduce ourselves to them and review their tenancy agreements to understand how long they've been residing in your property and how well they've been treating it.
Is your property vacant?
If your property is vacant, We'll get to work advertising and screening for the best tenants we can find. You've probably heard about our Rental Guarantee - so enjoy the peace of mind that your rental income will be consistent and on time.